What is Laser Acupuncture
Fear of needles is very real and will often cause patients to reject the idea of traditional acupuncture needling treatment. Traditional acupuncture is a type of complementary chinese medicine that involves inserting needles into the skin and is used to alleviate pain and treat a variety of physical, mental and emotional conditions. Acupuncture is based on the theory that chi (“chee”) flows through the body along pathways known as meridians. This energy flow carries information about the body’s internal organs that can be used to assess how the body responds to specific environmental substances. Laser therapy helps the body to decrease responses to these stressors so that it will react normally during future exposure. Optimal health is the result of a harmonious balance of these energies and responses in the body.
The belief is that when something is unbalanced or blocking your chi, this is when illness and pain occur. Each acupuncture point on the body represents a certain body function. When needles (or lasers in this case) are directed into these points, the energy flow can be brought back into balance allowing the body to heal and restore its’ health.
Why Laser Acupuncture?
Laser Acupuncture therapy is a great alternative if you have a fear of needles because it is completely painless. Low-level lasers have many benefits which include helping to regenerate cells, decrease pain, reduce inflammation, improve mood and stimulate hair growth. Laser acupuncture is very effective and allows treatment to a broader range of patients who may otherwise be sensitive or fearful of traditional acupuncture. It is also very helpful for young children who are generally not good candidates for traditional acupuncture.
Will it hurt?
No. There is no pain associated with laser treatments. Most patients feel nothing during laser treatment. Some may feel a slight sensation that they usually cannot describe, which could be explained as an energetic shift through the body as it comes back into balance.
The duration the practitioner keeps the laser on the acupuncture point as well as the amount of treatments can both vary greatly. You may feel relief after one treatment, but it is advised to continue treatment until at a maintenance level and pain or concerns have fully disappeared. Usually multiple months of treatment are advised in the beginning, after that point in which you can follow up as needed.
Laser acupuncture can help the body regain balance to provide natural relief from many ailments such as:
- Allergies/Asthma/Sensitivities (Food, Environmental, Chemical)
- Digestive Disorders (IBS, Constipation, Diarrhea, Acid Reflux, Gas, Bloating, Indigestion)
- Eating Disorders (Overeating, Binge Eating, Anorexia, Bulimia)
- Emotional Balance (Stress Management, Phobias, Anxiety, Depression, Mood Swings)
- Fatigue (Low Energy Levels, Weakness, Tired Feeling, Low Motivation)
- Focus/Concentration/Brain Function (ADD, ADHD, AUTISM)
- Hair Issues (Hair Loss, Alopecia, Excessive Hair Growth, Bald Spots)
- Hormone Balancing (Fibroids, Endometriosis, PCOS, Heavy Bleeding, Menopause, Low Libido, Thyroid)
- Immune System (Chronic Infections, Acute Infections)
- Pain Management (Back, Hip, Knee, Shoulder, Fibromyalgia, Migraines, Menstrual Cramps)
- Skin Issues (Acne, Hives, Rosacea, Eczema, Rashes, Bumps)
- Sleep Disorders (Sleep Apnea, Insomnia)
- Smoking Cessation (Nicotine Cravings, Nervous Tension, Inability to Quit, Stress Management)
- Weight Management (Inability to Lose Weight, Slow Weight Loss, Easy Weight Gain, Appetite Control)
- And much more!
The Lifestyle Clinic now offers BioReset AcuLaser Therapy. This innovative system combines the time-tested power of of traditional acupuncture and cutting edge low light laser therapy to provide fast, long-term results. Our new program incorporates low level light therapy, acupoint stimulation, nutritional and herbal supplementation, as well as homeopathic remedies to increase energy levels, promote healthy and natural detoxification to bring your body back into its natural balance. Our signature 12 week BioReset protocols and our 17 week weight loss protocol are designed to provide quick results and reduce the number of supplements needed to help your body regain balance!
Ask your Naturopathic Doctor how it can benefit you!
If you are a current patient, or know someone who might benefit from this cutting edge program in the Charlotte, North Carolina area, please call us to set up a Free Phone Consultation to discuss individual needs and see if this would be a good option for you.